Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Liebster Award


I was nominated by Amber from Natural Beauty for the Liebster Award. I am very thankful for receiving this award considering I just started my blog but grateful to be among many of the bloggers I love and follow than have been nominated.

This award is for up and comers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules
  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
  2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
  3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think deserve the award (they must have less than 200 followers.)
  5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
  6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Here are the answers to Amber's questions.

  1. Why did you start blogging? I have been experimenting with natural beauty products over the last few years and have looked to bloggers and you tubers for advice. Now that I have found some great products I would like to pass my knowledge on to others so that they may also be able to swap out their current beauty products for less toxic ones.
  2.  What is your favorite blog post you have created? I have only created a few but I would say my first one about Physician's Formula products.
  3. What is your favorite blog post created by someone else? I'm not sure that I have a favorite post but I do enjoy looking at well photographed makeup on blogs. This is something I hope to improve on my own blog.
  4. What is your dream vacation? This one is easy. For the longest time I have wanted to go to Paris, France.
  5. How would you spend your perfect day? I would probably treat myself to a day of pampering. I would start with breakfast at my favorite restaurant than go to the spa for a facial, massage, body treatment, manicure and pedicure. Then with the rest of the time in the day I would relax outdoors if the weather was warm and have a delicious meal and a glass of wine. 
  6. Who is your favorite blogger or you tuber? My favorite bloggers are listed on the right side of my blog and from you tube I love vlogwithkendra and Shannon Sullivan
  7. Coffee or tea? Tea.
  8. What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without? My phone.
  9. What in life makes you the most happy? Sharing my passion for nutrition and healthy living with others.
  10. What advice would you give your younger self? That I would finally find my true passion later in life.
  11. If you could relive any day, what would if be? Either the day I spent on Virgin Gorda of the British Virgin Islands or when I went snorkeling in a bay on Maui.
11 random facts about myself
  1. I am a twin.
  2. I am 26 years old.
  3. For two years I owned and operated a 14 acre organic farm complete with 50 chickens and 6 goats.
  4. I have been vegetarian for almost 4 years.
  5. My heritage is dutch, and german but mostly french canadian.
  6. I am a licensed esthetician.
  7. I am obsessed with dark chocolate and rarely go a day without it.
  8. My favorite show right now is American Horror Story.
  9. I love the water so much one of my nicknames growing up was Swimmy Kimmy.
  10. When I was in high school I thought I was going to go to college for fashion design...I didn't.  
  11. I am a girly girl now who loves makeup and fashion but as a child I was a bit of a tomboy who loved to collect bugs and build forts in the woods.
Here are my question for the nominees
  1. What is your favorite makeup brand?
  2. What is your holy grail makeup product? 
  3. What is your holy grail skincare product?
  4. What makeup product do you buy the most of? (ex. blush, eyeliner, mascara)
  5. Lipstick or lipgloss?
  6. What is your favorite blogger or you tuber?
  7. What is one beauty product that's not worth the hype?
  8. What is one beauty product that's worth the hype?
  9. What is a makeup trend you're loving right now?
  10. What is your favorite skincare brand?
  11. What is your favorite beauty tip or trick?
Here are the nominees
  1. Ashley from Green Beauty Life
  2. Christine from Makeup Guinea Pig
  3. Kaitie from Peaches and Pearls
  4. Katie from The Green Product Junkie
  5. Jennifer and Kathryne from Unsullied
  6. Maria from Maria Loves Green
  7. Victoria from My Non Leather Life
So this is where I fell short. I tried to find 11 lovely ladies to give this award to but all other blogs I like have a huge following. Hopefully I will be able to find other up-and-comers like myself the longer I blog.


1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this!? I loved reading your anwsers and getting to know you better. I think it's so cool that you are a twin!

    ReplyDelete