Thursday, March 13, 2014

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Review


Physicians Formula Organic Wear products are 100% free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMO's, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colors, and are also cruelty free.

2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer/Pink Rose: This duo claims to give you a sunkissed glow while accentuating your cheekbones and providing a natural looking finish. Both the blush and bronzer work perfectly on my light skin. Mostly I just use the blush but I plan on experimenting more with the bronzer in the warmer months. The overall look on the skin is very light and natural so you may need to apply a few layers for a more dramatic look. The product also fades a little throughout the day but will last through an eight hour workday. The bottom of the compact contains a mirror and a brush that is ok but would work if you were traveling and packing light. Overall I like this blush and may repurchase it. 0.19 Oz. $11.95

100% Natural Origin CC Color + Correction Cream in Light: Let me start by saying that I love this cream. This is the first CC or BB cream that I have tried and I do not feel the need to look for another. This cream has a light to medium coverage and evens out your skintone. I have redness and blemishes and it creates a smooth even canvas for other makeup products. If you need extra coverage you may need to go in with a concealer to cover large red blemishes or hyperpigmentation. I have oily skin so first I apply a primer and finish with a dusting of powder. This cream also contains an SPH 20. The makeup stays on my face throughout the day but blotting is required. It also feels very natural almost like a moisturizer instead of makeup. Overall I like this product and will continue to repurchase it. 1.2 Fl Oz. $14.95

Curl + Care Mascara in Ultra Black: This mascara claims to boost the curl of your lashes and provide 24 hour wearability. While this mascara does hold a curl for me I use my eyelash curler first. Without  the curler I don't think it would do much. The mascara definitely would not last for 24 hours. After about 4-6 hours on me it flakes and smudges. Do not rub your eyes or fall asleep in this because you will look like a raccoon. With this mascara you can build some volume and length and there is a small amount of clumping. Overall this mascara is not horrible but it is just ok. I will not be repurchasing this product. 0.26 Oz. $9.95

For me Physicians Formula Organic Wear products have been an affordable way to start my transition to organic makeup. The packaging is cute, the products are fair to good quality, the price is decent and it is convenient that you can purchase them at the drugstore. I would be willing to test other products they add to their line.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly, thanks for following my blog! I've heard good things for both the CC cream and mascara, tho it sounds like the mascara doesn't wear so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longer I use the mascara I notice I'm liking it more. It does flake a bit but if you don't put it on your bottom lashes it's not as bad. It is definatally their best formula in a mascara.

    ReplyDelete