Monday, March 24, 2014

Raw Vegan Turtles


Last summer I became obsessed with raw vegan desserts and made everything from brownies to cheesecake. One day I was craving turtles but couldn't find a recipe I liked so I decided to create my own. This is by far my favorite raw dessert I have ever made. Be careful with these because while they may be healthier than a traditional turtle they will go fast and you may find yourself eating all seven within a few days...I may have been guilty of that.

This will make 7 turtles. 
Caramel- 1 cup dates, 1/4 ground up pecans, 1/2 t vanilla extract, 1 T agave, 1 T coconut oil. 
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and form into 7 caramel patties. This will be your base. 
Then press 3 pecan halves into each patty and top with chocolate. 
Chocolate- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, 3 T agave, 3 T coconut oil. Whip together until you have a smooth and creamy almost frosting like consistency. 
Apply to top and sprinkle on sea salt. Put in freezer to harden. 
Keep in fridge or freezer or they will melt or become very soft.

Has anyone tried raw vegan recipes before?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly, I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You may check it out here: http://amber-allnaturallybeautiful.blogspot.ca/2014/03/liebster-award-part-2.html

    Ps. I think that I am following you just with google+ right now because every time I try to follow blogs with blogger it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete